I was going to write another post about my springtime dreams and share inspirations for the camper reno I have in mind, but this damn vaccine-related legislation has my mind spinning.
I think I feel a rant coming on.
C.S. Lewis observed:
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron’s cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
I will start by declaring that I believe in freedom. Some argue that United States isn’t a true democracy, only a staged democracy, but that is for another debate. I stand wholeheartedly behind the notions of democracy and what it should mean. We should never stop fighting for our freedoms and rights. Freedom of religion, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom of petition, right to equal justice, right to privacy and bodily integrity and so on and so forth. I stand behind a woman’s reproductive right and am pro-choice. I know all people who love should be allowed to marry regardless of gender. I am nonreligious, an agnostic, believing that I am without sufficient knowledge of what lies beyond death. I am stating my beliefs here because when some people find out that I also believe in the basic right to choose which vaccines to inject into my body they go nuts and draw all sorts of crazy conclusions about me and who I’m affiliated with.
Examples of cruel and ignorant assumptions:
- “you have decided to believe Jenny McCarthy is a better authority than 200 years of medical data.” Not true. I don’t even know what her stance is on vaccines. I also read medical data and journals.
- “50 years from now, the anti-vaxxers will have exactly what they want, which is to live in a separate society. What we’ll have is an evolutionarily fragile and uneducated underclass of hill people who have limited access to modern conveniences or standard of living. “ Wow. I don’t even know what to say to a person who believes that!
- “Being a new age hippie/ conspiracy theorist is a luxury I didn’t use when raising my kids.” Maybe you wouldn’t be such a ass if you were a bit more hippie!
- “We’re talking about established reality as opposed to conspiratorial magical thinking that endangers other people’s lives. Love is no excuse. People do all kinds of destructive things because of love, and destroying hard-won herd immunity because of magical thinking and bogus pseudoscience is profoundly destructive.” Magical thinking? Really, right to privacy and bodily integrity is “magical” thinking? Also read up on herd immunity, it is a phrase meant for natural immunity not artificial immunity.
- “you buy the crap you read on the net that seems to justify your own lazy attitude towards the health of your children.Confirmation bias.” Nice. Now I’m lazy because I believe in the right to privacy and bodily integrity. I’ll share his name if you want, you can “friend” him on facebook.
- “you should not be allowed to attend public schools or visit the same pediatrician office or use public parks etc. “ Yes, this is real, seemingly nice people say this sort of crap.
- “self indulgent ,conspiracy theorist moron.” Thanks! I’ll take that as a compliment.
What is happening people is a WAR ON FREEDOM OF CHOICE. No matter how educated or worldly you think you are they are putting a pretty ribbon on a turd and stealing your rights from under you. What right are you willing to lose next? I’m not willing to stop fighting for our rights. There is nothing constitutional about government-mandated medical procedures. The American Medical Association is against mandated vaccines. They know it isn’t ethical and should never be legal.
“The patient should make his or her own determination about treatment… Informed consent is a basic policy in both ethics and law that physicians must honor, unless the patient is unconscious or otherwise incapable of consenting and harm from failure to treat is imminent.”
If the Fourth Amendment to our Constitution stands for one thing, it is the right to privacy and bodily integrity. As the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled, “The overriding function of the Fourth Amendment is to protect personal privacy and dignity against unwarranted intrusion by the State.”
This is about more than the possible vaccine-autism link or the numerous vaccine related injuries and fatalities. This is even about more than the pharmaceutical companies that make a lot of money selling vaccines to various departments, including the CDC (yes they claim to report “unbiased” results on the very products they sell, hum.) This is about losing a basic human right. Even if you are a person who gets all the recommended vaccines the idea of losing a basic human right should scare the shit out of you. What will be next? It might be a mandated procedure that you don’t agree with (like mass sterilization) too bad, you will have to comply or legal action will be taken against you. People think the mass sterilization comparison I bring up isn’t relevant. I disagree. Overpopulation does NOT benefit the greater good (a term I’ve heard a lot lately about why to vaccinate), overpopulation also increases the risk of disease, infection, delays and defects. One could argue that mass sterilization would benefit the greater good and that it should be legally mandated. How do you like those apples?
If you are a truly free person, then no one can force you to put anything in your body or do anything to your body, or that of your children, without your consent.